Saturday, July 23, 2011

Do Not Want: The Return Of "Beavis And Butthead" And "120 Minutes"

Now in most ways, I am thrilled to see the '90s come back. I loved that, last year, both The Pixies and Pavement were on tour. I'm excited about rewatching both "Clarissa Explains It All" and "Hey Dude." I watch the original "Beverly Hills, 90210" on SoapNet most afternoons, and get secretly excited when I see girls in babydoll dresses and/or Doc Martens on the street.  But, unfortunately, MTV is trying to bring back back the things I don't miss about the decade. Prime example: "Beavis and Butthead." I thought this show was funny for approximately two episodes, and then even though I found it uber-grating, I had to endure another year of every guy at school doing "Cornholio" impressions in the hallway. Still yesterday, the show's creator Matt Judge appeared at Comic-Con to talk about the reboot of the show, which will begin airing on MTV in October. Judging from the clip above that premiered yesterday, it's just as obnoxious as I remember.

Slightly less offensive—MTV2 is bringing back "120 Minutes" starting July 30.

Source: http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-do-not-want-the-return-of-beavis-and-butthead-and-120-minutes/?eref=RSS

Kristanna Loken Kristen Bell Kristin Cavallari Kristin Kreuk Kristy Swanson